Not Feeling Part of the Team
Not Feeling Part of the TeamI am currently teaching English part-time at Hong Kong secondary schools. This list of 10 things I don’t like about my current situation is a hybrid of things that I don’t like from this job and my previous full-time job in the US as a senior IT consultant.
- I didn’t feel like a trusted partner where my input was heard or valued.
- Remarkably tight deadlines without appropriate resources and scope management.
- Requirements that are not well defined or that keep changing.
- Dealing with disrespectful teens and crazy parents.
- I feel under-qualified and am trying to fix that, which is exhausting and stressful.
- A long commute.
- Not feeling like I’m part of the team – limited interaction with key staff.
- Bosses that are “big picture” guys leaving all the detail work to me.
- Lack of a mentor.
- Not having dependable colleagues – picking up slack for others.
Loving Your Work